With a pedigree that extends to creating rich, researched mixes for Dusk & Blackdown and N-Type on Rinse FM, London-based producer Etch (a.k.a. Zak Brashill) and his new Horizons EP owes just as much to a longstanding jungle tradition as it does the producer's own innovations. "Aquamarine," the closing tune taken from Etch's three-track record, uses 2-step as a launching pad to create a hypnotic, singular groove while a ghostly, Burial-esque voice peels off into the fog. With its crystal-clear percussion work juggling hard snares and disembodied breaks playfully weaving in and out of the haze, "Aquamarine" makes for an engrossing cut from a fresh EP, the rest of which you can stream after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player