With a pedigree that extends to creating rich, researched mixes for Dusk & Blackdown and N-Type on Rinse FM, London-based producer Etch (a.k.a. Zak Brashill) and his new Horizons EP owes just as much to a longstanding jungle tradition as it does the producer's own innovations. "Aquamarine," the closing tune taken from Etch's three-track record, uses 2-step as a launching pad to create a hypnotic, singular groove while a ghostly, Burial-esque voice peels off into the fog. With its crystal-clear percussion work juggling hard snares and disembodied breaks playfully weaving in and out of the haze, "Aquamarine" makes for an engrossing cut from a fresh EP, the rest of which you can stream after the jump.
- MP3Chrissy Murderbot "Alright (Calculon & Austin Speed Remix)"
- NewsListen to a Reversed Version of Boards of Canada's New Single
- NewsListen to the New Single from Boards of Canada
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Ikonika
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Four Tet, Daft Punk, Disclosure, Mount Kimbie, Boards of Canada, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player