Phon.o "Black Boulder (SCNTST Remix)"
- Words: Brad Stabler
The original version of Phon.o's "Black Boulder," the title track of his 2012 LP for 50Weapons, is a skeletal slowburn, a series of whirring synths slowly flickering to life one by one. Berlin-based producer SCNTST carefully picked over the bones, hiding the original tune in every corner he could manage while creating a forward-thinking piece of pummeling techno. What's most appealing about this take on "Black Boulder" is how almost all of the original pieces are here, but SCNTST only lets them peak out for a second before swallowing them up in either a wash of reverb or a precise kick. After getting your fill of this remix, be sure to check out the video for Phon.o's original track, after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player