Phon.o "Black Boulder (SCNTST Remix)"
- Words: Brad Stabler
The original version of Phon.o's "Black Boulder," the title track of his 2012 LP for 50Weapons, is a skeletal slowburn, a series of whirring synths slowly flickering to life one by one. Berlin-based producer SCNTST carefully picked over the bones, hiding the original tune in every corner he could manage while creating a forward-thinking piece of pummeling techno. What's most appealing about this take on "Black Boulder" is how almost all of the original pieces are here, but SCNTST only lets them peak out for a second before swallowing them up in either a wash of reverb or a precise kick. After getting your fill of this remix, be sure to check out the video for Phon.o's original track, after the jump.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player