Phon.o "Black Boulder (SCNTST Remix)"
- Words: Brad Stabler
The original version of Phon.o's "Black Boulder," the title track of his 2012 LP for 50Weapons, is a skeletal slowburn, a series of whirring synths slowly flickering to life one by one. Berlin-based producer SCNTST carefully picked over the bones, hiding the original tune in every corner he could manage while creating a forward-thinking piece of pummeling techno. What's most appealing about this take on "Black Boulder" is how almost all of the original pieces are here, but SCNTST only lets them peak out for a second before swallowing them up in either a wash of reverb or a precise kick. After getting your fill of this remix, be sure to check out the video for Phon.o's original track, after the jump.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player