The Exaltics "Broken"
The German production project known as The Exaltics describes itself as "Drexciyan electro," a fitting title that adaquately frames the drum-machine beats, acid touches, and depth of synth work offered up on "Broken," a cut from the outfit's forthcoming Muted World EP. While the breaking beats and 16th-note bassline certainly harken back to an older era of electronic artistry, the tune heard here is not merely a love letter to the sounds of past electro, but also offers a fresh view on the genre—injecting some modern sheen into its rich synth pads, and imbuing the audio with a more contemporary precision. The Exaltic's Muted World EP is out on February 4 via Austrian outpost Trust, but you can preview the five-track effort ahead of its release, after the jump.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player