The Exaltics "Broken"
The German production project known as The Exaltics describes itself as "Drexciyan electro," a fitting title that adaquately frames the drum-machine beats, acid touches, and depth of synth work offered up on "Broken," a cut from the outfit's forthcoming Muted World EP. While the breaking beats and 16th-note bassline certainly harken back to an older era of electronic artistry, the tune heard here is not merely a love letter to the sounds of past electro, but also offers a fresh view on the genre—injecting some modern sheen into its rich synth pads, and imbuing the audio with a more contemporary precision. The Exaltic's Muted World EP is out on February 4 via Austrian outpost Trust, but you can preview the five-track effort ahead of its release, after the jump.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player