David Douglas "California Poppy (Marius Remix)"
Dutch artist David Douglas is back with a collection of remixes of songs from his Royal Horticulture Society EP, which—you may remember—was largely inspired by the famous horticulturist with whom Douglas shares his name. We've already posted Solar Bears' remix of "California Poppy," and today, we have a fresh version of the song from Amsterdam producer Marius (pictured above). The Dutch artist offers a no-frills take on Douglas' original production, as he pushes the vocals and melodies over to the side and makes room for a more prominent beat. Though "California Poppy (Marius Remix)" is accented by pointed synth notes, it largely exists down in the depths where flowers don't grow. You can grab the whole remix package—including productions from Breek and Portable Sunsets—over on Atomnation's Bandcamp.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player