Archie Pelago "Carmen on Gold St."
- Words: Anthony Princi
To pair with yesterday's Bubblin' Up Week 2013 feature, Brooklyn-based outfit Archie Pelago sent over an exclusive new track called "Carmen on Gold St." The trio—comprised of Hirshi (trumpet, turntables), Cosmo D (cello, Ableton), and Kroba (sax, Ableton)—undoubtedly has a unique sound, which "Carmen On Gold St." is a perfect example of. The tune displays the band's top-notch musicianship and fresh, organic sound, and features plenty of cinematic strings, shuffling drums, and intricately melodic FX. And if you happen to be in or around New York City tonight, you can check out Archie Pelago in Brooklyn, performing along with Braille, Contakt, and others as part of the release party for Percussion Lab's Cambio compilation at Cameo Gallery.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player