Archie Pelago "Carmen on Gold St."
- Words: Anthony Princi
To pair with yesterday's Bubblin' Up Week 2013 feature, Brooklyn-based outfit Archie Pelago sent over an exclusive new track called "Carmen on Gold St." The trio—comprised of Hirshi (trumpet, turntables), Cosmo D (cello, Ableton), and Kroba (sax, Ableton)—undoubtedly has a unique sound, which "Carmen On Gold St." is a perfect example of. The tune displays the band's top-notch musicianship and fresh, organic sound, and features plenty of cinematic strings, shuffling drums, and intricately melodic FX. And if you happen to be in or around New York City tonight, you can check out Archie Pelago in Brooklyn, performing along with Braille, Contakt, and others as part of the release party for Percussion Lab's Cambio compilation at Cameo Gallery.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player