Hound Scales "Case (Nabis) (Ghosts on Tape Remix)"
Brooklyn-via-San Francisco producer Hound Scales' debut record (artwork above) will arrive next month as the inaugural release from the Fifth Wall imprint, who has offered up this remix from Icee Hot resident Ghosts on Tape to help spread the word. The original "Case (Nabis)"—which is also the forthcoming EP's title track—is a rather dark piece of techno in its own right, but the SF-based remixer still manages to spin it into even darker corners of thumping, four-on-the-floor territory with percussive chord hits and a mean, growling bassline. Look for this tune to land alongside five original productions by Hound Scales, as well as an additional pair of remixes, when Case (Nabis) EP drops on February 19.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsSimian Mobile Disco Shares Second Single from 'Whorl'
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player