Hound Scales "Case (Nabis) (Ghosts on Tape Remix)"
Brooklyn-via-San Francisco producer Hound Scales' debut record (artwork above) will arrive next month as the inaugural release from the Fifth Wall imprint, who has offered up this remix from Icee Hot resident Ghosts on Tape to help spread the word. The original "Case (Nabis)"—which is also the forthcoming EP's title track—is a rather dark piece of techno in its own right, but the SF-based remixer still manages to spin it into even darker corners of thumping, four-on-the-floor territory with percussive chord hits and a mean, growling bassline. Look for this tune to land alongside five original productions by Hound Scales, as well as an additional pair of remixes, when Case (Nabis) EP drops on February 19.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player