Death on the Balcony "The Colour that You Bring to Me"
This particularly bass-loaded bit of house comes from UK duo Death on the Balcony, who dropped its Colours and Shades EP today, for which "The Colour that You Bring to Me" serves as the lead cut. At its core, the tune is an elongated exercise within the realm of deep house, albeit one that also incorporates plenty of space-disco vibes from the many sparkling synths and swirling pads strewn throughout its eight-plus-minute run. Sure, Death on the Balcony may sound like a band name left over from the indie-dance heyday of the early aughts, but as "The Colour that You Bring to Me" shows, the pair sure knows its way around galactic dancefloor fare. You can catch Death on the Balcony later this month on a brief North American tour, the dates of which you'll find after the jump.
2/8 - San Francisco @ Monarch
2/9 - Chicago @ Primary
2/12 - Miami @ Electric pickle
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player