Death on the Balcony "The Colour that You Bring to Me"
This particularly bass-loaded bit of house comes from UK duo Death on the Balcony, who dropped its Colours and Shades EP today, for which "The Colour that You Bring to Me" serves as the lead cut. At its core, the tune is an elongated exercise within the realm of deep house, albeit one that also incorporates plenty of space-disco vibes from the many sparkling synths and swirling pads strewn throughout its eight-plus-minute run. Sure, Death on the Balcony may sound like a band name left over from the indie-dance heyday of the early aughts, but as "The Colour that You Bring to Me" shows, the pair sure knows its way around galactic dancefloor fare. You can catch Death on the Balcony later this month on a brief North American tour, the dates of which you'll find after the jump.
2/8 - San Francisco @ Monarch
2/9 - Chicago @ Primary
2/12 - Miami @ Electric pickle
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player