Nordberg "Down South (Reilly Steel Remix)"
Barcelona record hub Tracy has just released its first record of 2013, courtesy of Top Billin head honcho Sir Nenis (a.k.a. Nordberg). With a handful of monikers (including Sharkslayer) and a consistently prolific label to run, it's not surprising that the Nordberg's release only features one original track. However, the four remixes featured on the record offer flavorfull renderings of "Down South," including this one from Brooklyn artist Reilly Steel. The up-and-coming producer's version of Nordberg's single is a lighter take on the bass-heavy original, as it opens with soft, swelling pads and rises into a funky techno drop before finishing off with playful steel drums. You can check out the rest of the Down South EP after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player