Houston-born, Berlin-based Lōtic has been slowly on the rise over the course of the past year, thanks in part to his chemical approach to mixing and producing, which has come together on his debut 12" for Lamin Fofana's fledgling Sci-Fi & Fantasy label. Featured here, that record's b-side,"Glittering," is an exercise in disintegration and innovation. Lōtic slowly warps his samples out of existence as he pushes his percussion further into clarity. It's an odd balance of sound, but a compelling and dark listen akin to the likes of Shackleton or Peverelist. The rest of Lōtic's two-track 12" will appear on January 29 as the second release from Sci-Fi & Fantasy, following last fall's inaugural record by Max McFerrin.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player