Houston-born, Berlin-based Lōtic has been slowly on the rise over the course of the past year, thanks in part to his chemical approach to mixing and producing, which has come together on his debut 12" for Lamin Fofana's fledgling Sci-Fi & Fantasy label. Featured here, that record's b-side,"Glittering," is an exercise in disintegration and innovation. Lōtic slowly warps his samples out of existence as he pushes his percussion further into clarity. It's an odd balance of sound, but a compelling and dark listen akin to the likes of Shackleton or Peverelist. The rest of Lōtic's two-track 12" will appear on January 29 as the second release from Sci-Fi & Fantasy, following last fall's inaugural record by Max McFerrin.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player