Houston-born, Berlin-based Lōtic has been slowly on the rise over the course of the past year, thanks in part to his chemical approach to mixing and producing, which has come together on his debut 12" for Lamin Fofana's fledgling Sci-Fi & Fantasy label. Featured here, that record's b-side,"Glittering," is an exercise in disintegration and innovation. Lōtic slowly warps his samples out of existence as he pushes his percussion further into clarity. It's an odd balance of sound, but a compelling and dark listen akin to the likes of Shackleton or Peverelist. The rest of Lōtic's two-track 12" will appear on January 29 as the second release from Sci-Fi & Fantasy, following last fall's inaugural record by Max McFerrin.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player