DJ iZem vs. Michael Kiwanuka "I'll Get Along"
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
Lisbon-based French producer Jérémie Moussaïd Kerouanton (a.k.a. DJ iZem) may be fairly new to the scene, but if this track is any indication of his prowess, we can be rest assured the producer will be climbing the ranks quickly. Sent over to us as an unofficial remix of Michael Kiwanuka's "I'll Get Along", Kerouanton's bootleg boasts the same soul-felt melodies and emotions of the original, but furthers its exploration into rhythm with the inclusion of African and Latin inspired organic beats (not to mention a tastefully utilized Beatles sample). Look for the rest of DJ iZem's five-track EP2 when the artist self-releases the offering in two weeks.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player