214 "Rump Up"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
When listening to "Rump Up," a one-off freebie from Seattle producer Chris Roman's 214 moniker, it's easy to forget that an actual person was behind its creation. Machine-made sounds rule supreme throughout the tune's run, and its rhythms are executed with exacting precision. Still, it seems true that only a human could have put this all together in such an inventive way, especially while keeping his sights trained on the dancefloor. And though "Rump Up" may not be exactly what we're expecting to hear from Roman after his softer-edged J. Alvarez pseudonym scored a couple of spots on our Best of 2012 lists, this jam offers enough mechanical, techno-flecked electro to hold us over until more goodness arrives from the prolific artist.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player