214 "Rump Up"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
When listening to "Rump Up," a one-off freebie from Seattle producer Chris Roman's 214 moniker, it's easy to forget that an actual person was behind its creation. Machine-made sounds rule supreme throughout the tune's run, and its rhythms are executed with exacting precision. Still, it seems true that only a human could have put this all together in such an inventive way, especially while keeping his sights trained on the dancefloor. And though "Rump Up" may not be exactly what we're expecting to hear from Roman after his softer-edged J. Alvarez pseudonym scored a couple of spots on our Best of 2012 lists, this jam offers enough mechanical, techno-flecked electro to hold us over until more goodness arrives from the prolific artist.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player