Rone "Tasty City"
Pioneer of ambient electronic music Jean Michel Jarre recently curated a selection of both old and new tunes from the catalogue of Lyon-based imprint InFiné to create InFiné by JMJ, a 14-track compilation released today. According to Jarre, his interest in the label lies in its ability to release a variety of boundary pushing sounds that somehow manage to share a common ground. "InFiné is in that league of labels displaying the kind of audacity only to be found in true artists," said Jarre. "Like the musicians it represents, it has kept on demonstrating how important it is to have a common vision, a common ambition in order to initiate and finalize groundbreaking projects." One of the tracks curated by Jarre is Rone's "Tasty City," a compelling production from his debut album, Spanish Breakfast. Although it was originally released in 2009, the song remains a product of Rone's inventive imagination, something far superior than a snapshot of what musical trends were popular at the time. And for many people who have never heard the track, it will sound entirely fresh, as Rone explores a variety of genres on "Tasty City"—ranging from tech-house to ambient—without ever settling on one.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player