Submotion Orchestra "Thinking (Maths Time Joy Remix)"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Following his three-track Hideaway EP for Live For The Funk's newfound Our Sounds label—from which the bass-heavy "Always" track was lifted—London producer Maths Time Joy (a.k.a. Tim Worthington, pictured above) is back with his take on "Thinking" by seven-piece UK ensemble Submotion Orchestra. While the young artist strips the original song of its wobbly flavor in favor of brightly shimmering synths and smooth-sailing bass tones, he leaves its sensual vocals intact to shine through the production.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player