Bad Looks "Twist (5kinandbone5 vs. Matrixxman Remix)"
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
Today, San Francisco-based production duo Bad Looks is releasing its Twist EP, a collection of hyperactive house tracks which boasts two original cuts and two remixes by Strict Face and Eras. Not included on the EP, however, is a bonus remix by the confusing pair of West Coasters 5kinandbone5 and Matrixxman (who—in addition to having been a commenter in our recent Welcome to... the Internet feature—is also half of 5kinandbone5). This particular remix stands out amongst the EP's fast-paced, more danceable tunes as a slower, darker, techno-leaning production that never really builds, but instead keeps things at a paranoiac level with creeping percussion and an ever-looming bassline. After giving "Twist (5kinandbone5 vs. Matrixxman Remix)" your undivided attention, be sure to listen to snippets of the rest of the Twist EP, which you'll find after the jump.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player