Pearl Necklace "Why Toto?"
On "Why Toto?," Brooklyn duo Pearl Necklace (a.k.a. Bryce Hackford and Frank Lyon) takes a more fractured, decomposing approach akin to the work of The Caretaker, or the pastoral ambience created by fellow Brooklyn artist Heathered Pearls. "Why Toto?" unfolds at a slow, relaxed pace, taking its time to build up its hushed guitar strokes amid bubbling samples, a displaced organ, and various layers of fuzz sliding over the top of it. Sonically, it's the opposite of the first track we heard from the band's Soft Opening LP, "Did You Feel It?," but reveals Pearl Necklace to be a versatile group whose playful, patient backdrops can survive with or without an obvious beat. Look for the rest of Soft Opening to drop on February 26 via Smalltown Supersound.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player