Pearl Necklace "Why Toto?"
On "Why Toto?," Brooklyn duo Pearl Necklace (a.k.a. Bryce Hackford and Frank Lyon) takes a more fractured, decomposing approach akin to the work of The Caretaker, or the pastoral ambience created by fellow Brooklyn artist Heathered Pearls. "Why Toto?" unfolds at a slow, relaxed pace, taking its time to build up its hushed guitar strokes amid bubbling samples, a displaced organ, and various layers of fuzz sliding over the top of it. Sonically, it's the opposite of the first track we heard from the band's Soft Opening LP, "Did You Feel It?," but reveals Pearl Necklace to be a versatile group whose playful, patient backdrops can survive with or without an obvious beat. Look for the rest of Soft Opening to drop on February 26 via Smalltown Supersound.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player