Bot'Ox "2.4.1 (Cosmo Vitelli Remix)"
Cosmo Vitelli (pictured above) is no stranger to staying busy. The Frenchman made his mark as a seemingly tireless house and disco DJ/producer in the late-'90s before—amongst many other musical endeavours—going on to launch his own imprint, I'm a Cliché, and, years later in 2010, form the Bot'Ox outfit with the help of Julien Briffaz. Earlier this week, the Bot'Ox project released an EP built around a twisted bit of synth-funk called "2.4.1," which arrived in its original form accompanied by four remixes—including this one from Vitelli himself. On his rework, the off-kilter funk of "2.4.1" gets reshaped into a dark, elongated house track which offers up pockets of melody and pitched-down vocals as it makes its way to the dancefloor through piles of gorgeous synths. After giving Vitelli's remix a whirl, you can stream the entire 2.4.1 EP via the player embedded after the jump.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player