Error Operator "August Filled with Rain"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Unfortunately, London-based producer Error Operator has announced that he's ceased making music in order to pursue other ventures. As a token of appreciation for the support he's received over the years, he's given us "August Filled With Rain," which is apparently the end-all song for the artist born Andrew Collins. The melancholy production opens with gentle guitar strums, and slowly builds up to a soft melody of warm, meditative synths. The details—sparkling chimes, subtle low end, and crackling vinyl dust—give Error Operator's final salvo a calming vibe that makes for both a testament of his skills as a producer and a suitable farewell to his work in that world.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player