The Organ Grinder "Black Microdot"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Cardiff producer Cayne Ramos (a.k.a. The Organ Grinder) built a solid body of work for himself last year, flying just under the radar and dropping mostly vinyl-only releases. Now that those records have had time to marinate and find their way into Boiler Room mixes and YouTube streams alike, Ramos seems likely to excel in 2013—which explains why we picked him as an "Artist to Watch" during our Bubblin' Up Week—especially when he can let go of one-off freebies like "Black Microdot." Its patient shuffle, glassy chords, and appropriately sparse synth work make for perhaps the best argument yet as to why we're expecting an even more solid run of tunes from The Organ Grinder over the next 12 months. If he's willing to give this one up for free, who knows what other quality bits the burgeoning UK tunesmith has up his sleeve?
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player