Alter Echo & E3 "Dub is Not Easy"
Alter Echo (a.k.a. Josh Derry) and E3 (a.k.a. Ezra Erickson) have long passed the point of no return when it comes to their allegiance to dub. Both sport an exhaustive pedigree with the genre, having collaborated extensively with dub pillars Lee Perry and Scientist, as well as each being former bosses of world renowned label BSI. "Dub is Not Easy," the b-side from the pair's forthcoming "Kufic Dub" single, wears its influences proudly, but balances the work that inspired it with a playful, experimental side. One-off samples glide in and out of the mix, the keyboard work sleepily throws in a few quick flourishes, and the tempo jumps up thirty notches before falling back down; what starts as a tip of the hat to the old blood morphs into a salute to the new. Look for Alter Echo & E3's "Kufic Dub" b/w "Dub is Not Easy" 7" around March 1 when it drops via Zam Zam Sounds.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player