What do you get when you cross dub-techno experimentalist Burnt Friedman and multi-instrumentalist Jono Podmore with two founding members—Jaki Liebezeit and Irmin Schmidt—of the legendary Krautrock outfit Can? You get Cyclopean, a newly formed endeavor whose self-titled debut EP is out today via Mute. To help spread the word, Cyclopean has offered up the record's second track, "Fingers," a piece which combines eerie electronics and live instrumentation into the kind of free-form arrangement one would hope to hear from members of the legendary experimental group. Furthermore, Cyclopean has put together a similarly entrancing video to accompany "Fingers," which we invite you to dive into after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player