What do you get when you cross dub-techno experimentalist Burnt Friedman and multi-instrumentalist Jono Podmore with two founding members—Jaki Liebezeit and Irmin Schmidt—of the legendary Krautrock outfit Can? You get Cyclopean, a newly formed endeavor whose self-titled debut EP is out today via Mute. To help spread the word, Cyclopean has offered up the record's second track, "Fingers," a piece which combines eerie electronics and live instrumentation into the kind of free-form arrangement one would hope to hear from members of the legendary experimental group. Furthermore, Cyclopean has put together a similarly entrancing video to accompany "Fingers," which we invite you to dive into after the jump.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player