Kixnare "Gucci Dough"
If you were a fan of Druid Cloak's remix of A$AP Rocky's "Fashion Killa" from last month, you just might be into "Gucci Dough" by Polish artist Kixnare. Both tunes draw from the same pool of R&B and hip-hop influences, which helps bolster the electronic elements with a bit of added swagger. While "Fashion Killa (Druid Cloak Moonglade Remix)" has some weight to it, "Gucci Dough" leans on the softer side of the spectrum, as Kixnare shines a spotlight on the begging vocal samples and sprinkles in a layered melody of lightweight, percussive synth notes. It's enough to warrant repeated listens, especially if you're caught inside keeping warm through winter's chill.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player