Television Sky "Halfmoon"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
San Diego's Television Sky isn't one to waste any time. The 15-year-old producer born Samuel Ruth started making music years ago, and today, we have "Halfmoon," taken from his free Chambers EP (which you can grab on Bandcamp). The song centers on melancholy vocals that wind in between layers of rain effects and airy atmospherics. Meanwhile, a thumping rhythm switches between rapid four-to-the-floor bass hits and a jazzy groove highlighted by snaps. Ruth is said to have another EP on the horizon, and we're curious where the young producer will take his sound to next.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player