Television Sky "Halfmoon"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
San Diego's Television Sky isn't one to waste any time. The 15-year-old producer born Samuel Ruth started making music years ago, and today, we have "Halfmoon," taken from his free Chambers EP (which you can grab on Bandcamp). The song centers on melancholy vocals that wind in between layers of rain effects and airy atmospherics. Meanwhile, a thumping rhythm switches between rapid four-to-the-floor bass hits and a jazzy groove highlighted by snaps. Ruth is said to have another EP on the horizon, and we're curious where the young producer will take his sound to next.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player