Television Sky "Halfmoon"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
San Diego's Television Sky isn't one to waste any time. The 15-year-old producer born Samuel Ruth started making music years ago, and today, we have "Halfmoon," taken from his free Chambers EP (which you can grab on Bandcamp). The song centers on melancholy vocals that wind in between layers of rain effects and airy atmospherics. Meanwhile, a thumping rhythm switches between rapid four-to-the-floor bass hits and a jazzy groove highlighted by snaps. Ruth is said to have another EP on the horizon, and we're curious where the young producer will take his sound to next.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player