Low Jack & Qoso "Like It Soft"
"Like it Soft" is a bit of a misleading title for this low-slung bit of techno from French producers Low Jack and Qoso. Chugging just above 100 bpm, the tune pairs sludgy low-end with the droning whir of machines gone awry, or maybe the trails of wind left by a passing subway train. There's really nothing "soft" about "Like it Soft," it's heavy from its opening moments straight through to the very end, only allowing the refracted vocal samples and bits of industrial percussion to occupy the higher end of the sound spectrum. This track can be picked up along three other machine-born offerings when the producers' collaborative Like it Soft EP drops early next month.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player