Daniel Savio "Lucifer Rising"
Though it has been a good amount of time since the skweee pioneer appeared in XLR8R's pages, Swedish producer Daniel Savio has returned to offer up this track plucked from his recent Ill Eagle LP. "Lucifer Rising" delves deep into an analog world—something the skweee genre adheres to as an affable philosophy. The track pushes keyboards and drum pads to their otherworldly limits, skittering along laser-esque grooves and a joyously bouncing bassline. For those unfamiliar with Savio—or skweee's history, for that matter—you check out our interview with the dons of the genre, here, or just acquaint yourself by streaming the rest of Ill Eagle after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player