- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Despite Wolverhampton producer Sam Bevan's cutesy moniker, Polkadot reflects a pretty serious dancefloor vibe in its music. For example: "Somateria" puts a sultry vocal sample over tight, percussive sounds which help work out the production's straightforward house groove. Recently, the 18-year-old newcomer garnered attention from Mista Jam of Radio 1 for his remix of AZ&TOR's "Resend," and scored airtime on Diplo's show with his original tune "Wasn't Like That" (you can grab that for free here). With the buoyant "Somateria" officially in the mix now, Bevan seems to have plenty momentum to continue furthering his production career.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player