- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Despite Wolverhampton producer Sam Bevan's cutesy moniker, Polkadot reflects a pretty serious dancefloor vibe in its music. For example: "Somateria" puts a sultry vocal sample over tight, percussive sounds which help work out the production's straightforward house groove. Recently, the 18-year-old newcomer garnered attention from Mista Jam of Radio 1 for his remix of AZ&TOR's "Resend," and scored airtime on Diplo's show with his original tune "Wasn't Like That" (you can grab that for free here). With the buoyant "Somateria" officially in the mix now, Bevan seems to have plenty momentum to continue furthering his production career.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
XLR8R Downloads Player