- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Despite Wolverhampton producer Sam Bevan's cutesy moniker, Polkadot reflects a pretty serious dancefloor vibe in its music. For example: "Somateria" puts a sultry vocal sample over tight, percussive sounds which help work out the production's straightforward house groove. Recently, the 18-year-old newcomer garnered attention from Mista Jam of Radio 1 for his remix of AZ&TOR's "Resend," and scored airtime on Diplo's show with his original tune "Wasn't Like That" (you can grab that for free here). With the buoyant "Somateria" officially in the mix now, Bevan seems to have plenty momentum to continue furthering his production career.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player