- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Tonje Thilesen
It's been about 10 months since the young, Berlin-based producer Rkss had some new tunes to share. Still, it seems the budding artist hasn't lost his step, as "Submerged"—the title track from Rkss' new EP out today—again finds the artist mining the more experimental ends of house and techno, and coming back with another promising piece of audio. Its set of tuned chords effortlessly lead the proceedings, as a bevy of organic percussion sounds and metallic hits wrap around the steady four-on-the-floor kick below. Best yet, it all comes with just the right touch of electronic weirdness to keep listeners on their toes.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player