Lady B, French patron of Detroit techno and Chicago house for the past 15 years, has turned a new leaf with a revised "moniker," his given name Bruno Gauthier. For Gauthier's new EP, It's Love, the veteran producer commissioned the talents of vocalist Magda Zagba with soulfully classic results. Here, label head Rob Mello gives the track a lengthy dub mix chock full of bouncing bass synths and funky guitar riffs that harken back to an era seemingly long gone.
Downloads - Page 565
A stuttering hip-house club beat begins this elegant romp through Baltic melodics and rhythms, which are astoundingly club-friendly. Who knew? South London's Boy 8-Bit continues to bring the goods here, and with peeps like Sinden, Crookers, and A-Trak repping the track, it's certain that you'll be down with the vibe, too.
With syrupy gobs of psych bliss drizzling down sand dunes and flowing deep to the belly of a canyon, New Mexico native Nick Noeding Jr. (a.k.a. Pollination) sets the precedent for desert living with this slab of dream-pop from his latest offering, Inca Orange. Fortunately, Yppah of Ninja Tune Records steps in to help Noeding guide your eyes and ears past the blinding rays of the baking sun and straight to the oasis.
Matias Aguayo just keeps getting weirder. Here, he vocalizes insanely over deep, demanding kicks, a one-note bass pulse, and some extremely dry snares. In other words, the Chilean native pretends to be a very tweaked 303 over rhythms that could have come from his Closer Musik collaboration. Engagingly strange, this one, sure to get heads bobbing and asses shaking.
Creaking and clanging like a weathered ship drifting through a tar pit somewhere in the Far East, this track from the Austrian duo's latest effort, Transition, fits together bits and pieces of finger-picked guitar, vibraphone, and an abundance of dripping electronic noises before slowly sinking to its final resting place.
A rad little piece of cheeky fun from Man Recordings label boss Daniel Haaksman. Great electro drums and handclaps fuse together with a ridiculous Spanish guitar and some whistling. High-energy stuff from the original Gostoso EP that recently received superb remixes from Sharkslayer on the remix EP.
After years spent remixing the likes of Cut Copy and Van She, Australia's electro funkster Gloves recently gave the world his first original production, "P.Y.X.," via the Modular-affiliated Bang Gang label. On his remix, Boys Noize cohort
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- NewsMatthewdavid Announces New LP for Brainfeeder, Shares Title Track
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player