Squeaky Lobster "Y.N.V."
The handle of Brussels-based producer Squeaky Lobster seems to do the quality of his productions a bit of a disservice. While his cheeky moniker may have been slightly lost in translation, the potency of his hip-hop-flavored, incredibly detailed beats certainly has not. "Y.N.V." comes to us as an extra cut from the sessions which yielded the man's forthcoming Killing Eleven EP for hometown imprint Vlek, but still serves an impressive example of the larger-than-life boom-bap Squeaky Lobster is able to conjure up—filling this particular cut to the brim with slithering synth tones, massive kicks, and rapidfire snares. The producer's Killing Eleven EP drops on February 11, but can be streamed in full prior to that date, after the jump.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player