Squeaky Lobster "Y.N.V."
The handle of Brussels-based producer Squeaky Lobster seems to do the quality of his productions a bit of a disservice. While his cheeky moniker may have been slightly lost in translation, the potency of his hip-hop-flavored, incredibly detailed beats certainly has not. "Y.N.V." comes to us as an extra cut from the sessions which yielded the man's forthcoming Killing Eleven EP for hometown imprint Vlek, but still serves an impressive example of the larger-than-life boom-bap Squeaky Lobster is able to conjure up—filling this particular cut to the brim with slithering synth tones, massive kicks, and rapidfire snares. The producer's Killing Eleven EP drops on February 11, but can be streamed in full prior to that date, after the jump.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player