Seattle producer (and recent Lusine remixer) Hanssen released the Programme EP this week (artwork above), for which "Azur" serves as the lead-off track. As heard here, Hanssen's music is not quite techno, not quite synth-pop, but something intriguingly placed between a number of electronic styles; on "Azur," this unique territory is mapped out via a bevy of gorgeous synths, a stripped-down beat, and a good amount of funky guitar licks. The entire Programme EP—which also finds Lusine repaying Hanssen's earlier favor with a remix of "Azur"—can be downloaded now for a price of the listener's determination over on the Pleasure Boat label's Bandcamp.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player