Floyd Campbell "Catch Vapyrs"
Samo Sound Boy's and Jerome LOL's Body High imprint dropped its first release of the year today, gathering six new productions from Floyd Campbell for the LA tunesmith's sophomore effort, the Bank Walls EP (artwork above). "Catch Vapyrs" serves as one the EP's earliest cuts, its mix of cosmic futurism and subtle bass bounce landing it somewhere between a more sinister Jam City and spacey ghetto house. Though his various sonic elements may seem at odds with each other on paper, Campbell manages to fit an array of glistening, new-age synths in the same space as menacing percussion and foreboding synth runs—all of which meet with the tune's bouncing kicks to make "Catch Vapyrs" sound uniquely fit for the dancefloor. A streaming preview of all six Bank Walls tracks can be heard after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player