Floyd Campbell "Catch Vapyrs"
Samo Sound Boy's and Jerome LOL's Body High imprint dropped its first release of the year today, gathering six new productions from Floyd Campbell for the LA tunesmith's sophomore effort, the Bank Walls EP (artwork above). "Catch Vapyrs" serves as one the EP's earliest cuts, its mix of cosmic futurism and subtle bass bounce landing it somewhere between a more sinister Jam City and spacey ghetto house. Though his various sonic elements may seem at odds with each other on paper, Campbell manages to fit an array of glistening, new-age synths in the same space as menacing percussion and foreboding synth runs—all of which meet with the tune's bouncing kicks to make "Catch Vapyrs" sound uniquely fit for the dancefloor. A streaming preview of all six Bank Walls tracks can be heard after the jump.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player