Floyd Campbell "Catch Vapyrs"
Samo Sound Boy's and Jerome LOL's Body High imprint dropped its first release of the year today, gathering six new productions from Floyd Campbell for the LA tunesmith's sophomore effort, the Bank Walls EP (artwork above). "Catch Vapyrs" serves as one the EP's earliest cuts, its mix of cosmic futurism and subtle bass bounce landing it somewhere between a more sinister Jam City and spacey ghetto house. Though his various sonic elements may seem at odds with each other on paper, Campbell manages to fit an array of glistening, new-age synths in the same space as menacing percussion and foreboding synth runs—all of which meet with the tune's bouncing kicks to make "Catch Vapyrs" sound uniquely fit for the dancefloor. A streaming preview of all six Bank Walls tracks can be heard after the jump.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player