Cotton Claw "Climax"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Four-piece French outfit Cotton Claw has offered up "Climax," a track dense with meaty, gummy sounds—but it's the pockets of silence embedded into the mix that stand out. Between momentary pauses, Cotton Claw threads a chunky acid bassline in and out of a sturdy, neatly stomping kick drum, which eventually deteriorates into a woozy broken beat. The band's four members (Lilea Narrative, YoggyOne, Zerolex, and La Chauve-Souris) composed the tracks with 64 pads, all played in real time, a performance technique they recently demonstrated in a video of their live set.
- GearThis Week in Music Tech: Mike Huckaby's Ableton Masterclass, In the Studio with Gregor Tresher and Ziro, and More
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- MP3Alcides "Violeta (El Remolón Remix)"
- MP3Arp "White Light"
- MP3Copywrite "Forever and a Day"
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player