Cotton Claw "Climax"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Four-piece French outfit Cotton Claw has offered up "Climax," a track dense with meaty, gummy sounds—but it's the pockets of silence embedded into the mix that stand out. Between momentary pauses, Cotton Claw threads a chunky acid bassline in and out of a sturdy, neatly stomping kick drum, which eventually deteriorates into a woozy broken beat. The band's four members (Lilea Narrative, YoggyOne, Zerolex, and La Chauve-Souris) composed the tracks with 64 pads, all played in real time, a performance technique they recently demonstrated in a video of their live set.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player