Cotton Claw "Climax"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Four-piece French outfit Cotton Claw has offered up "Climax," a track dense with meaty, gummy sounds—but it's the pockets of silence embedded into the mix that stand out. Between momentary pauses, Cotton Claw threads a chunky acid bassline in and out of a sturdy, neatly stomping kick drum, which eventually deteriorates into a woozy broken beat. The band's four members (Lilea Narrative, YoggyOne, Zerolex, and La Chauve-Souris) composed the tracks with 64 pads, all played in real time, a performance technique they recently demonstrated in a video of their live set.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player