Senior Groove "The Horse That Backed Itself"
South London outfit Senior Groove comprises two producers who are both drummers outside of the electronic realm, and the pair's sprawling techno cut "The Horse That Backed Itself" uses that element to spotlight the possibilities of its groove. The duo spends eight minutes playing around with the structure of the tune, keeping the basic kicks and snares on the same trajectory while finding different ways to arrange the synths and percussion around it. It all winds up being an engrossing listen, one that doesn't opt to show its hand and rewards multiple spins.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player