How to Dress Well "& It Was U (Kid Smpl Remix)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Tim Willis
Since serving as the lead single for the Total Loss LP last year, How to Dress Well's "& It Was U" has been no stranger to remixes, both official and unofficial. Falling under the latter category, Seattle's Kid Simpl (pictured above)—an artist we profiled back in January during our Bubblin' Up week—has decided to share his own rework of the HTDW tune, drowning the original's lofty vocals amongst a neverending sea of glacial pads and waterlogged synth tones. In all honesty, Kid Smpl could probably have used any number of acapellas here and achieved just about the same effect, but utilizing How To Dress Well's gorgeous falsetto certainly isn't a bad choice when it comes to source material.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player