How to Dress Well "& It Was U (Kid Smpl Remix)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Tim Willis
Since serving as the lead single for the Total Loss LP last year, How to Dress Well's "& It Was U" has been no stranger to remixes, both official and unofficial. Falling under the latter category, Seattle's Kid Simpl (pictured above)—an artist we profiled back in January during our Bubblin' Up week—has decided to share his own rework of the HTDW tune, drowning the original's lofty vocals amongst a neverending sea of glacial pads and waterlogged synth tones. In all honesty, Kid Smpl could probably have used any number of acapellas here and achieved just about the same effect, but utilizing How To Dress Well's gorgeous falsetto certainly isn't a bad choice when it comes to source material.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player