Andrew Bayer "It's Going to Be Fine"
"It's Going to Be Fine" is a track that comes in as tender and comforting as its title suggests. Working with rich piano chords and some tweaked Sufjan Stevens samples, DC-based producer Andrew Bayer crafts the sort of beat which invites listeners to lose themselves within its swirling textures and breathy atmospheres. Fortunately, "It's Going to Be Fine" also offers a head-nod-worthy backbone to keep things interesting, as its slightly stuttered kicks and claps eventually build into a midtempo breakbeat; the whole thing is actually reminiscent of DJ Shadow's dreamier outings. Not just a free download, the tune also serves as a preview for Bayer's forthcoming If It Were You, We'd Never Leave LP, which is set to drop via Anjunabeats on April 15.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player