Andrew Bayer "It's Going to Be Fine"
"It's Going to Be Fine" is a track that comes in as tender and comforting as its title suggests. Working with rich piano chords and some tweaked Sufjan Stevens samples, DC-based producer Andrew Bayer crafts the sort of beat which invites listeners to lose themselves within its swirling textures and breathy atmospheres. Fortunately, "It's Going to Be Fine" also offers a head-nod-worthy backbone to keep things interesting, as its slightly stuttered kicks and claps eventually build into a midtempo breakbeat; the whole thing is actually reminiscent of DJ Shadow's dreamier outings. Not just a free download, the tune also serves as a preview for Bayer's forthcoming If It Were You, We'd Never Leave LP, which is set to drop via Anjunabeats on April 15.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player