Andrew Bayer "It's Going to Be Fine"
"It's Going to Be Fine" is a track that comes in as tender and comforting as its title suggests. Working with rich piano chords and some tweaked Sufjan Stevens samples, DC-based producer Andrew Bayer crafts the sort of beat which invites listeners to lose themselves within its swirling textures and breathy atmospheres. Fortunately, "It's Going to Be Fine" also offers a head-nod-worthy backbone to keep things interesting, as its slightly stuttered kicks and claps eventually build into a midtempo breakbeat; the whole thing is actually reminiscent of DJ Shadow's dreamier outings. Not just a free download, the tune also serves as a preview for Bayer's forthcoming If It Were You, We'd Never Leave LP, which is set to drop via Anjunabeats on April 15.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player