Hourglass Sea "La Concorde"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
For those who enjoy a maximalist approach to music production, Bradford-based producer Hourglass Sea's Live from the Crematorium LP offers just that, with live drums stacked on top of complex, synthesized percussion. A particularly rapid rhythm ensues on "La Concorde," a song taken from the aforementioned album, as a ping-ponging melody, speedy four-note arpeggiations, and multiple other instruments fill all possible space in the hybrid acoustic-electric song. The remaining 12 songs on Live from the Crematorium will be let go one at a time for free throughout this month before the entire batch is neatly packaged by for release in early April.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player