Hourglass Sea "La Concorde"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
For those who enjoy a maximalist approach to music production, Bradford-based producer Hourglass Sea's Live from the Crematorium LP offers just that, with live drums stacked on top of complex, synthesized percussion. A particularly rapid rhythm ensues on "La Concorde," a song taken from the aforementioned album, as a ping-ponging melody, speedy four-note arpeggiations, and multiple other instruments fill all possible space in the hybrid acoustic-electric song. The remaining 12 songs on Live from the Crematorium will be let go one at a time for free throughout this month before the entire batch is neatly packaged by for release in early April.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player