Hourglass Sea "La Concorde"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
For those who enjoy a maximalist approach to music production, Bradford-based producer Hourglass Sea's Live from the Crematorium LP offers just that, with live drums stacked on top of complex, synthesized percussion. A particularly rapid rhythm ensues on "La Concorde," a song taken from the aforementioned album, as a ping-ponging melody, speedy four-note arpeggiations, and multiple other instruments fill all possible space in the hybrid acoustic-electric song. The remaining 12 songs on Live from the Crematorium will be let go one at a time for free throughout this month before the entire batch is neatly packaged by for release in early April.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player