Hourglass Sea "La Concorde"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
For those who enjoy a maximalist approach to music production, Bradford-based producer Hourglass Sea's Live from the Crematorium LP offers just that, with live drums stacked on top of complex, synthesized percussion. A particularly rapid rhythm ensues on "La Concorde," a song taken from the aforementioned album, as a ping-ponging melody, speedy four-note arpeggiations, and multiple other instruments fill all possible space in the hybrid acoustic-electric song. The remaining 12 songs on Live from the Crematorium will be let go one at a time for free throughout this month before the entire batch is neatly packaged by for release in early April.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player