Hourglass Sea "La Concorde"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
For those who enjoy a maximalist approach to music production, Bradford-based producer Hourglass Sea's Live from the Crematorium LP offers just that, with live drums stacked on top of complex, synthesized percussion. A particularly rapid rhythm ensues on "La Concorde," a song taken from the aforementioned album, as a ping-ponging melody, speedy four-note arpeggiations, and multiple other instruments fill all possible space in the hybrid acoustic-electric song. The remaining 12 songs on Live from the Crematorium will be let go one at a time for free throughout this month before the entire batch is neatly packaged by for release in early April.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player