FilosofischeStilte "Light Years Away"
Making music that's deliberately minimalist and lo-fi, FilosofischeStilte (a.k.a. Luuk Graham) has remained just under the radar since his debut release—an effort filled with broken breakbeats and half-remembered hip-hop mutations—appeared on Lowriders last year. "Light Years Away," extracted from his forthcoming Poly EP, finds an intriguing middle ground between the stranger side of IDM—think early-00's Warp releases—and the slow, polished burn of recent works from the likes of Shlohmo and Mndsgn. The song manages to be both mellow and funky in tandem, owing largely to its restless synth programming and FilosofischeStilte's smartly sparing use of Southern rap-inspired hi-hats and thick bursts of low end. Poly is set to be released on two fronts, both as a golden 7" featuring four selections from the record ("Light Years Away" did not make the cut), and as a straight digital release.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player