Dro Carey & Grown Folk "Limbo Limbs"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Kane Øcean
The Templar imprint has passed along this previously unreleased collaboration from Dro Carey and Montreal duo Grown Folk (pictured above), in part to reintroduce the label to the XLR8R faithful. After the Australian hub launched back in 2011 with records from Carey, Grown Folk, and London house producer Citizen, it largely flew under the radar last year, despite issuing a handful of white-label 12"s. Now, Templar's first release of 2013—another collaborative effort between Grown Folk and Oakland rappers Main Attraktionz (which also comes with a pair of remixes from Kuedo)—is set to drop next week and will reportedly be followed by a steady stream of similarly intriguing releases. Given that, the label seems determined to make sure that our readers don't miss out on what's planned for the year to come, and offering up a free collaborative tune from two quality production outfits sure isn't a bad way to rekindle our interest.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player