Dro Carey & Grown Folk "Limbo Limbs"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Kane Øcean
The Templar imprint has passed along this previously unreleased collaboration from Dro Carey and Montreal duo Grown Folk (pictured above), in part to reintroduce the label to the XLR8R faithful. After the Australian hub launched back in 2011 with records from Carey, Grown Folk, and London house producer Citizen, it largely flew under the radar last year, despite issuing a handful of white-label 12"s. Now, Templar's first release of 2013—another collaborative effort between Grown Folk and Oakland rappers Main Attraktionz (which also comes with a pair of remixes from Kuedo)—is set to drop next week and will reportedly be followed by a steady stream of similarly intriguing releases. Given that, the label seems determined to make sure that our readers don't miss out on what's planned for the year to come, and offering up a free collaborative tune from two quality production outfits sure isn't a bad way to rekindle our interest.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player