Dro Carey & Grown Folk "Limbo Limbs"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Kane Øcean
The Templar imprint has passed along this previously unreleased collaboration from Dro Carey and Montreal duo Grown Folk (pictured above), in part to reintroduce the label to the XLR8R faithful. After the Australian hub launched back in 2011 with records from Carey, Grown Folk, and London house producer Citizen, it largely flew under the radar last year, despite issuing a handful of white-label 12"s. Now, Templar's first release of 2013—another collaborative effort between Grown Folk and Oakland rappers Main Attraktionz (which also comes with a pair of remixes from Kuedo)—is set to drop next week and will reportedly be followed by a steady stream of similarly intriguing releases. Given that, the label seems determined to make sure that our readers don't miss out on what's planned for the year to come, and offering up a free collaborative tune from two quality production outfits sure isn't a bad way to rekindle our interest.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player