Conrank "Live Die Fast Young (feat. Grace Cai)"
The fact that Shanghai-via-UK producer Conrank ended up on Berlin-based label Robox Neotech is no accident. Eschewing the strong-armed techno and house sounds that many associate with the German capital city, the imprint instead favors providing producers from across the globe with a home for their own take on UK-style bass and downtempo production. In that spirit, Conrank fits the label's roster like a glove, crafting warm, low-end-focused tunes that have more in common with the lush textures of acts like Ta-Ku or Flume than anything one is likely to hear at Berghain. "Live Die Fast Young" is a fine example of such—it's a chilled piece of digital funk, built on splashes of warm keyboards while guest vocalist Grace Cai's various moans and "yeah"s are used to great effect.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player