Wires for Salu "Overture"
With his more established moniker, Devonwho pieces together lopsided beats full of sharp rhythms, booming low end, and massive doses of sleek, G-funk synthesizers. But as Wires for Salu, the Bay Area resident uses his talents to explore a more subdued production aesthetic, focusing on emotive chords structures and introspective melodies which ride atop textured drum programming. "Overture" is his project's latest, an expansive track that places a deceivingly jovial field recording amidst an unmistakably downtrodden beat lead by a lonesome synth melody and IDM-reminiscent percussive glitches. This tune will be officially released on April 16 as part of Portland label Dropping Gems' forthcoming Gem Drops 3 compilation.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player