Last year, UK producer ThermalBear (a.k.a. Dennis White) explored shuffling garage production and groaning bass on the title track of his debut release, U Love. However, his most recent effort, which dropped this week via Last Night on Earth, finds the producer delving into more techno-influenced territory. "Phone," the closing track on the Could Be Nice EP (artwork above), is built around a strict, tightly wound beat that contrasts the watery and distorted nature of both the vocal samples and pads laid on top.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player