Kelpe "Rolly Devore"
Veteran producer Kelpe released a string of EPs on Serbian imprint Svetlana last year, and will soon be issuing the new Answered EP on his newly formed DRUT label (which we talked about in last week's Press Play), but right now, he's sharing this one-off composition, "Rolly Devore." Kelpe's signature space-age synths provide a flowery melody, which operates within a framework of acoustic drums, mellow pads, and watery atmospherics. A series of other effects are continually tuned to the point where one could imagine the producer joyously turning knobs on his controls during the production process. Nonetheless, the non-demanding nature of the tune is enjoyable and gives us something to play with until Kelpe's upcoming record is ready to see the light of day.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player