Kelpe "Rolly Devore"
Veteran producer Kelpe released a string of EPs on Serbian imprint Svetlana last year, and will soon be issuing the new Answered EP on his newly formed DRUT label (which we talked about in last week's Press Play), but right now, he's sharing this one-off composition, "Rolly Devore." Kelpe's signature space-age synths provide a flowery melody, which operates within a framework of acoustic drums, mellow pads, and watery atmospherics. A series of other effects are continually tuned to the point where one could imagine the producer joyously turning knobs on his controls during the production process. Nonetheless, the non-demanding nature of the tune is enjoyable and gives us something to play with until Kelpe's upcoming record is ready to see the light of day.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player