Kelpe "Rolly Devore"
Veteran producer Kelpe released a string of EPs on Serbian imprint Svetlana last year, and will soon be issuing the new Answered EP on his newly formed DRUT label (which we talked about in last week's Press Play), but right now, he's sharing this one-off composition, "Rolly Devore." Kelpe's signature space-age synths provide a flowery melody, which operates within a framework of acoustic drums, mellow pads, and watery atmospherics. A series of other effects are continually tuned to the point where one could imagine the producer joyously turning knobs on his controls during the production process. Nonetheless, the non-demanding nature of the tune is enjoyable and gives us something to play with until Kelpe's upcoming record is ready to see the light of day.
- NewsRBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- NewsStream Dark Sky's Upcoming Debut LP for Monkeytown
- GearAsk the Experts: Om Unit
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsTadd Mullinix Launches Bopside Label, Preps Inaugural Release as JTC
XLR8R Downloads Player