Mogadishu "Shades and Rays"
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
Producing music while attending their universities in Liverpool and Lancaster, Conor Peacock and Dave Greenwood, who operative collectively as newly christened duo Mogadishu, have offered up one of their creations as a free giveaway. "Shades and Rays" takes samples from Minnie Riperton, Marvin Gaye, and Erykah Badu, reworking them into a disco-tinged and undeniably groovy house tune. Just in time for spring, the track's bright guitar chirps and strutting rhythm is filled out by the sounds of children playing, invoking images of sunny rooftop barbecues and lazy afternoons.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player