Mogadishu "Shades and Rays"
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
Producing music while attending their universities in Liverpool and Lancaster, Conor Peacock and Dave Greenwood, who operative collectively as newly christened duo Mogadishu, have offered up one of their creations as a free giveaway. "Shades and Rays" takes samples from Minnie Riperton, Marvin Gaye, and Erykah Badu, reworking them into a disco-tinged and undeniably groovy house tune. Just in time for spring, the track's bright guitar chirps and strutting rhythm is filled out by the sounds of children playing, invoking images of sunny rooftop barbecues and lazy afternoons.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player