Mogadishu "Shades and Rays"
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
Producing music while attending their universities in Liverpool and Lancaster, Conor Peacock and Dave Greenwood, who operative collectively as newly christened duo Mogadishu, have offered up one of their creations as a free giveaway. "Shades and Rays" takes samples from Minnie Riperton, Marvin Gaye, and Erykah Badu, reworking them into a disco-tinged and undeniably groovy house tune. Just in time for spring, the track's bright guitar chirps and strutting rhythm is filled out by the sounds of children playing, invoking images of sunny rooftop barbecues and lazy afternoons.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player