Fjord Morrison "So Mad (Druid Cloak Remix)"
The somewhat anonymous tunesmith known as Druid Cloak has turned up again with an impressive remix, this time around adding his touch to a track from a new project with a similarly unspecific background story, Fjord Morrison. Morrison's debut effort, Old Tendency (artwork above), will see a release next week via Seattle's Hush Hush label, offering three originals and three remixes, including this one of "So Mad." In step with his work of the past several months, Druid Cloak here wraps the original up in his own brand of hybrid soundscapes, meshing real-world sounds—clattering percussion, found-sound vocals—with a wide array of synth-born and computer-processed bits of audio. The full tracklist for the Old Tendency EP, out on March 26, can be found after the jump.
01 Late After Dark
02 So Mad
03 She Make Me Feel So Good
04 She Make Me Feel So Good (Domokos Remix)
05 So Mad (Druid Cloak Remix)
06 Late After Dark (Kid Smpl Remix)
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player