Computer Jay "Sundial Meltdown (feat. Gaslamp Killer)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
On the one hand, "Sundial Meltdown" is Computer Jay's collaborative new single with Low End Theory luminary Gaslamp Killer, and both of them obviously deserve credit for their work. But after giving the tune a spin, it's hard not to feel like whatever computer/synth/piece of 8-bit equipment spit out the breakneck arppegio which leads the track's two-and-a-half minute run deserves a feature credit here too. Above the miniature, videogame boom-bap beat, the bit-crushed melody sequence runs free except for a few brief moments where its single-note lattice is exchanged for that of rich chords. The tune serves as the first single to emerge from Computer Jay's forthcoming Savage Planet Discotheque Vol. #2, due out sometime this spring.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player