Computer Jay "Sundial Meltdown (feat. Gaslamp Killer)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
On the one hand, "Sundial Meltdown" is Computer Jay's collaborative new single with Low End Theory luminary Gaslamp Killer, and both of them obviously deserve credit for their work. But after giving the tune a spin, it's hard not to feel like whatever computer/synth/piece of 8-bit equipment spit out the breakneck arppegio which leads the track's two-and-a-half minute run deserves a feature credit here too. Above the miniature, videogame boom-bap beat, the bit-crushed melody sequence runs free except for a few brief moments where its single-note lattice is exchanged for that of rich chords. The tune serves as the first single to emerge from Computer Jay's forthcoming Savage Planet Discotheque Vol. #2, due out sometime this spring.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player