Anenon "Sunsets and Clocks"
In many ways, 2012 was a breakout year for Brian Allen Simon (a.k.a. Anenon), the SoCal producer/instrumentalist/Non Projects label head released the excellent Acquiescence EP—which we deemed one of the best releases of 2012—before issuing his debut LP, Inner Hue, and even turned in an XLR8R podcast along the way. Needless to say, we were excited to hear news of Sunsets and Clocks, Simon's forthcoming first effort of 2013. Before the record drops, we've been given the title cut to whet our palettes, and its lush tones, restlessly shuffling beat, and breathy saxophone have us excited to get our hands on another set of Anenon productions when the EP drops April 16.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- FeatureGetting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player