Computer Graphics "Synthavision"
Computer Graphics is the new alias of prolific Russian producer Pixelord, who has momentarily set aside his love for space-age bass and footwork to try his hand at producing more house-minded tracks. "Synthavision" is pulled from the project's forthcoming debut EP of the same name (artwork above), which is set to drop March 12 on Pacific Northwest label Car Crash Set. The record's title track is equal parts cosmic and filtered house, where fly-by samples and reappropriated rhythmic textures exist in the same space as overdriven four-on-the-floor and '80s-tinged synth patches. From the sound of it, Pixelord seems to be as much at home making twisted house as he is crafting galactic beats. A preview stream of the rest of the EP and the full tracklist can be found after the jump.
01 Time Gate
02 Elevator Song
04 Driving to the Beach
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player