Computer Graphics "Synthavision"
Computer Graphics is the new alias of prolific Russian producer Pixelord, who has momentarily set aside his love for space-age bass and footwork to try his hand at producing more house-minded tracks. "Synthavision" is pulled from the project's forthcoming debut EP of the same name (artwork above), which is set to drop March 12 on Pacific Northwest label Car Crash Set. The record's title track is equal parts cosmic and filtered house, where fly-by samples and reappropriated rhythmic textures exist in the same space as overdriven four-on-the-floor and '80s-tinged synth patches. From the sound of it, Pixelord seems to be as much at home making twisted house as he is crafting galactic beats. A preview stream of the rest of the EP and the full tracklist can be found after the jump.
01 Time Gate
02 Elevator Song
04 Driving to the Beach
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player