Computer Graphics "Synthavision"
Computer Graphics is the new alias of prolific Russian producer Pixelord, who has momentarily set aside his love for space-age bass and footwork to try his hand at producing more house-minded tracks. "Synthavision" is pulled from the project's forthcoming debut EP of the same name (artwork above), which is set to drop March 12 on Pacific Northwest label Car Crash Set. The record's title track is equal parts cosmic and filtered house, where fly-by samples and reappropriated rhythmic textures exist in the same space as overdriven four-on-the-floor and '80s-tinged synth patches. From the sound of it, Pixelord seems to be as much at home making twisted house as he is crafting galactic beats. A preview stream of the rest of the EP and the full tracklist can be found after the jump.
01 Time Gate
02 Elevator Song
04 Driving to the Beach
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- NewsCheck Out Anthony Parasole's All-Jeff Mills Mix for Beats in Space
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player