Flubba "Tell Me"
NYC-bred night stalker Flubba (a.k.a. Aaron Lifton) favors the long game on his new Black Velvet EP. The broken-techno producer makes tracks that simmer like a cigarette in the dark, as they offer disquieting takes on building atmosphere that is all attack, no release. The approach works wonders on "Tell Me": For the most part, Flubba keeps his tracks hollow, letting his screwed vocal samples and muted, clangy percussion taunt and threaten the listener. Even if the dark, sensual vibes are the most obvious thing to ponder, "Tell Me" is a fine club track, too, minimal and more than generous with its low end. Before "Tell Me" is released with the rest of Flubba's Black Velvet record on April 8, previews of its tracks are available to stream after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player