iO Sounds "Tough Luck (iO Sounds Refix)"
While we haven't previously mused over London producer Rob Burn (a.k.a. iO Sounds), his second take on "Tough Luck" perked our interest. As it does on the original, a militant beat dominates the proceedings here, supported by stuttering keyboard jabs and wailing female vocal samples. The tune's energy only grows stronger from there, and its bassy undercurrent gives the track a late-night dancefloor groove. Montreal-based label Infinite Machine first presented "Tough Luck" as a single with a remix from Cloaka last month, and will be re-releasing the track as part of iO Sounds' forthcoming self-titled 12" (artwork above) on April 1.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player