iO Sounds "Tough Luck (iO Sounds Refix)"
While we haven't previously mused over London producer Rob Burn (a.k.a. iO Sounds), his second take on "Tough Luck" perked our interest. As it does on the original, a militant beat dominates the proceedings here, supported by stuttering keyboard jabs and wailing female vocal samples. The tune's energy only grows stronger from there, and its bassy undercurrent gives the track a late-night dancefloor groove. Montreal-based label Infinite Machine first presented "Tough Luck" as a single with a remix from Cloaka last month, and will be re-releasing the track as part of iO Sounds' forthcoming self-titled 12" (artwork above) on April 1.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player