The Deadstock 33s "Underneath the Pines (Disco Bloodbath Remix)"
Veteran British DJ Justin Robertson has shapeshifted and switched up his sound countless times over the course of his lengthy career. His latest incarnation is The Deadstock 33s, a moniker he's utilizing to create futurist boogie. That phrase—futurist boogie—is important to keep in mind going into Disco Bloodbath's take on recent Deadstock single "Underneath the Pines." Released as a 12" last month, Disco Bloodbath's rework lifts the hooks from the original and scoops everything else out, replacing the backdrop with a leisurely dubbed-out disco bed to form an infectious, sprawling tune. Despite its eight-minute length, the track doesn't wear itself thin.
- NewsRBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- NewsStream Dark Sky's Upcoming Debut LP for Monkeytown
- GearAsk the Experts: Om Unit
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsTadd Mullinix Launches Bopside Label, Preps Inaugural Release as JTC
XLR8R Downloads Player