The Deadstock 33s "Underneath the Pines (Disco Bloodbath Remix)"
Veteran British DJ Justin Robertson has shapeshifted and switched up his sound countless times over the course of his lengthy career. His latest incarnation is The Deadstock 33s, a moniker he's utilizing to create futurist boogie. That phrase—futurist boogie—is important to keep in mind going into Disco Bloodbath's take on recent Deadstock single "Underneath the Pines." Released as a 12" last month, Disco Bloodbath's rework lifts the hooks from the original and scoops everything else out, replacing the backdrop with a leisurely dubbed-out disco bed to form an infectious, sprawling tune. Despite its eight-minute length, the track doesn't wear itself thin.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player