The Deadstock 33s "Underneath the Pines (Disco Bloodbath Remix)"
Veteran British DJ Justin Robertson has shapeshifted and switched up his sound countless times over the course of his lengthy career. His latest incarnation is The Deadstock 33s, a moniker he's utilizing to create futurist boogie. That phrase—futurist boogie—is important to keep in mind going into Disco Bloodbath's take on recent Deadstock single "Underneath the Pines." Released as a 12" last month, Disco Bloodbath's rework lifts the hooks from the original and scoops everything else out, replacing the backdrop with a leisurely dubbed-out disco bed to form an infectious, sprawling tune. Despite its eight-minute length, the track doesn't wear itself thin.
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Todd Terje, and More
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- PodcastThe Range
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player