The Beat Broker "Beat to the Street"
The Beat Broker may deal largely in beats, but his true love is clearly for synths, a fact "Beat to the Street" displays so graciously. The spacey tune will serve as the lead cut to the forthcoming Limited Time album from Ryan Bishop's Beat Broker alias, though some may better know the California producer as half of San Franciso's veteran Broker/Dealer outfit. While the man's full EP will not see an official release until May 13, the lush layerings of cosmic synths and relaxed swing with which "Beat to the Street" moves serves as an inviting preview of what the nine-track record just might have in store.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player